Monday, August 27, 2012

My Last First Day of School

Today the 2012-2013 school year began...I started my new internship today and my first day of classes are tomorrow. It will be my last first day of school for myself. It is a little weird to think about. Its something that makes me really excited to think that after this year I will never have to go back to school again - but it also just doesn't seem real.  It shouldn't seem that weird to me because I worked for a year in between college and graduate school. But that's just it. I knew I was going back to school eventually and was just taking a break. After this year I won't just be taking a break. I will be done - forever. Weird.

I still feel like a child in some ways. I still feel like I have so much to learn. I still feel like school is the way of life that I'm comfortable with. I am good at school. Its my thing. Give me a bunch of reading to do, papers to write, & tests to take. Piece of cake. Easy Cheesy. I always pull through. But life....well life just looks so big and intimidating. I did my internship at the State Prison and I loved it. I have mentioned it before in previous blogs. That was a real job basically. I did everything the full time staff does except with fewer clients. I did well. But in my head the entire time I knew that I was going back to school. Next time there won't be that thought. How odd.

I am excited for what this last school year brings and more importantly for what life after this school year brings. I believe it will be challenging but so rewarding. It will just take me sometime to fully wrap my mind around the concept. But I know it will be good and that I can succeed in whatever comes.

And so here is to tomorrow. ....... Fist pump in the air!!!!! I'm going to rock my last first day of school!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment