Sunday, September 16, 2012

Welcome 24

So I had another birthday. I am another year older and I would like to think a little wiser too. I am not announcing this to draw attention to myself or make the few people who follow my blog feel bad if they forgot. I share it because I think its a good time to reflect on my life.

My year as twenty-three was an interesting year for me. I feel like it started off rocky for me. In fact I remember feeling lost & confused on my birthday last year. I was still trying to figure out Grad School and still trying to figure out what my heart really wanted. Then once I figured out what my heart really wanted I couldn't figure out how to get it. It was a slow process but eventually I began to figure it out, and in turn I have learned a lot about myself as a person.


  • I have learned that I hate research.
  • I have learned that I love to learn but am done with school.
  • I have learned/reaffirmed that I love working in a field that I serve people. It's emotionally draining at times but rewarding & fulfilling. 
  • I have learned/reaffirmed that the Lord guides us in career pathways if we look for it. 
  • I have learned/reaffirmed that I ache for the clients I work with and the struggles they go through.
  • I have learned/reaffirmed that my life has been richly blessed.
  • I have learned/reaffirmed that Heavenly Father protected me from a lot of sadness.
  • I have learned/reaffirmed that my family will always be the most important thing to me in my life. 
  • I have learned that my heart is full of so much love for a boy. 
  • I have learned that I want to support that boy's dreams & goals as much as my own.
  • I have learned that family dynamics are very different for every family & that the initial introducing & phasing in to a new one is a little more complicated than I thought. 
  • I have learned that I love Cache Valley.
  • I have learned that I have a pride issue and that I can let it get the best of me at times.
  • I have learned that I am much more emotional than I thought I was.
  • I have learned that I still need to learn a lot about patience.
  • I have learned that I still need to learn a lot about charity.
  • I have learned that I still have a lot more to learn in life. 

The year started off rocky but it became an emotionally rich & rewarding year. Twenty-three brought me some of the saddest moments I have ever felt/had so far and some of the happiest moments I have ever felt/had so far. I am sure that every year in life I will be able to say that though.  I hope that I remember all those things that I learned and build off of them.

There are a few events that I expect to happen while I am 24 - events that I look eagerly and almost impatiently for. But honestly I do not know what new life experiences will be given to me. I just hope that no matter the experiences given or thrown at me in the next year that I can learn something positive from it.

So welcome 24... I hope you make me a better person.

1 comment:

  1. You're great, this post is great, ice cream is great...and them are the facts!

    ReplyDelete